If you do not wish to make anything yourself, check out these pages with links to awesome ready-made Steampunk options. If you are ready to dive in and see what you can come up with, you will find plenty of info and inspiration here. If you still feel lost, try these books:
- Anatomy of Steampunk: The Fashion of Victorian Futurism
- Steampunk Accessories: 20 Projects to Help You Nail the Style
- Steampunk Gear, Gadgets, and Gizmos: A Maker’s Guide to Creating Modern Artifacts
Here is an excellent Victorian Era historical reference site.
Choosing fabrics, colors, and patterns…
Typical Victorian Textiles
Colors and Patterns
- Classic patterns, like florals, stripes, polka-dots, are OK, but modern patterns like text, are not.
- Richer colors denote higher social status.
- Animal Prints
Victorian Fashion Trivia: In Victorian times, women wore high colors in the daytime and low necklines at night.